Passion is the fire and relentless drive to initiate, execute and achieve results beyond what was expected. Passion clearly differentiates candidates and separates winners from losers in the interview process. It also differentiates on-the-job performance-those that are filled with energy and can energize others move forward in their organization.
Passion is the tie breaker in making the final decision on the winning candidate. Stated again, when two candidates are very close the one perceived to have passion for the job wins.
- Tell me about something you are passionate about.
- Give me an instance where you had to expend huge energy on a project.
- Tell me about a time when you had to use your gut to make a decision.
- When did you have to overcome resistance from coworkers or friends?
- Give me an example of where you energized and excited others to complete a project ahead of others.