As you approach the day of the interview your dress needs to be appropriate, you need clear directions and materials need to be prepared. You need to be early so as not to cause stress because the interview begins the moment you arrive at the company site. The Two-Minute Drill is your most effective final review and occurs while you are waiting for the interviewer.
Physical Fitness-Exercise 60-75 percent of a normal workout
- Increases energy and stamina.
- Enables you to listen and respond in a clear, straightforward manner.
- Allows you to demonstrate energy and drive.
- Reduces stress.
- See Career Profile: Physical Fitness
- Conservative for the industry and company.
- It is better to be overdressed than underdressed.
- The outfit you feel makes you most confident and comfortable.
- See Career Profile: Dress
- Have 10 résumés printed.
- Reminder-what makes you unique, competencies and accomplishments.
- Reminder-No answer longer than 60 seconds.
- Writing samples (if required.)
- Any other material required such as company research
- See Career Profile: Necessary Materials
Leave Plenty of Time and Arrive Early