Competency-Broad, liberal background (Example-B.A.-Liberal Arts)
- Attended (college) and achieved a 3.6 grade point average.
- Nominated to Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
- Selected as one of 12 (from among 250 applicants) as a Presidential Host.
- Participated 4 years on Division 1 soccer team that won league and sectional honors.
- Volunteered as an environmental awareness instructor to 150 inner city students.
Competency-Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Hosted 10 guests, from 3 separate constituencies, for 3 hours, when 2 other Presidential Hosts were unable to attend.
- Constructed environmental awareness curriculum guide and provided training to 6 volunteers.
- Researched artwork and estimated the value of the university’s collection for the Board of Trustees.
- Created a business model and implemented a small business that self-funded 2 years of college.
- Conducted fund raising campaign that raised $20,000. for soccer team to go to Europe.
Competency-Ability to participate on and/or lead a team
- Elected as President of the student government for 500 student class in a close, competitive election.
- Studied in Florence for a semester and built a study group of 15 students from 8 U.S. and Italian schools.
- Selected as a team member in a Habitat for Humanity project with no prior experience.
- Won award for “Most Team Oriented” on the volley ball team.
- Led leadership training program for Cape Cod Sea Camps, voted one of the top 10 camps in the U.S..