Meet with your boss to mutually agree on your goals.
- Your preparation will help to frame the discussion. If possible, go with a suggested set of goals – they should be challenging, but realistic and in sync with what you understand your boss’s goals are.
- Schedule so you will have enough time and few, if any, interruptions
- Select a time of day that is best for your boss
- Present in a style that matches your boss’s style
- Ask your boss the ideal frequency of personal contact to review progress
- Agree on clear, concise, measurable goals