GETTING FEEDBACK ON OUR PROFESSIONAL GOALS
We all need to have both professional goals and dreams. Then, from time to time, we need to get feedback from those we trust concerning our progress.
Keep the following in mind:
- Define one or more positions that make sense for your next career move
- Talk with your mentor about whether your goals are reasonable
- Use your boss as a sounding board if he/she is supportive of staff moving on
- Talk with colleagues who have made the jump to the position you have targeted
- Discover any skills you lack in order to be successful in the targeted position