There is a tendency to think that you have full knowledge of a job in a short period of time and that you are ready for promotion to a position of more authority. Executive search firms are conservative but their guidelines tend to be respected by organizations. They are useful criteria to measure yourself against.
- Completed a minimum of two years, and preferably three, successfully in your most recent position
- Steadily increased your production or been able to explain why this hasn’t happened
- Demonstrated that you can build strong, lasting relationships with clients
- Taken on new and more complex assignments
- Shown initiative in devising innovative solutions to client or company problems
- Received outstanding performance reviews