In order for you to complete your learning curve quickly, it is helpful for you to learn about your boss’s key business priorities. This will provide you with information about your boss’s time allocation and key interests. Since your goals must fit hand and glove with those of your boss, then you will learn what you should emphasize.
If your boss is willing, you’ll want to learn:
- The boss’s three or four key goals for the timeframe
- How she is going to achieve those goals
- The method by which your boss will be measured
- How your goals will “fit” with those of your boss to achieve departmental success
- How you will know if you are getting off track
- The “go to” people if you have technical business issues