Figuring out how important the client is, how best to service the client, and how to remain in close contact will help you to be able to manage your workload and have the clients feel valued.
Keep the following in mind:
- Speak with the former incumbent to discover who he/she thinks are the most important of the clients
- If there are more than one clients determine what the needs of each one will be
- Discover for yourself, from face to face meetings, the approximate amount of time necessary to satisfy each client
- Get help from your boss or team members in evaluating how each client is valued and the percentage of your time you should spend with each
- Test your assumptions of most important clients to lesser importance over the first few months