Everyone has clients. When the client is external, serviced by a salesman, marketer or teacher, the client is obvious. When the client is internal, serviced by finance, legal or human resources, for example, the client may not be quite as obvious.
Right up there with building a relationship with your boss and performing your job successfully is building relationships with your clients. You simply cannot be successful without strong relationships and the first impression you make will often be a lasting one.
Keep the following in mind:
- How can I effectively begin to build a relationship with my clients?
- What is the most effective way to begin to understand the client’s business?
- Are there innovative ways that I can help to improve the client’s business?
- What is the best way and how often should I be in contact with clients?
- How will I judge whether we are successful meeting the client’s productivity standards?