You can learn a great deal from both outsiders and insiders about your job responsibilities, especially when you are new and don’t have anything to defend. Be open, willing to listen, and not at all defensive and you will receive the benefit of uncensored advice.
- Listen to customers, suppliers and distributors to understand your strengths relative to the competition and your weaknesses
- Discover the large or small issues that the outsiders feel in dealing with your company
- Detect where you can attain some quick wins in providing service to outsiders
- Acquire knowledge from insides that will speed your learning curve
- Understand the frustrations of insiders in dealing with your area and begin the process of being a better partner