Gaining the perspective of senior executives who have lived in the culture for a number of years will help you to reduce learning curve time. They can help you to understand where the organization has been, point out some of the “skeletons in the closet”, and put perspective on why the current state exists. If they can also give you some possible future directions, then the conversations will be extremely valuable.
- Detect valuable information regarding company history including the leaders and their contributions and failures
- Ask questions to determine why down business cycles occurred as well as good cycles
- Understand the current cycle including how the unit or division will produce profit
- Learn how you can be productive as rapidly as possible
- Ask the senior leaders how to make contributions your boss will appreciate
- Ascertain the ways to produce the most profitable business