Focusing on doing your job, at the highest possible level, should be your focus during working hours. Studying company history and meeting with others should be done after hours or on the weekend. Your boss will be looking for evidence and networking for information that tells him/her that you are working to learn the job.
- Be the first one into work and the last to leave
- Attend every meeting that involves you
- Ask questions of your boss or colleagues when you don’t understand something
- Don’t make the same mistake more than once
- Get all reports or requests for information in on time