When we are at work, we are in control of our work schedules and, most of the time, our daily schedules. When looking for a job, the control is in the hands of another person(s).
Keep in mind the following:
- You will be frustrated when you set up a meeting, begin to travel to the meeting, and then get a cell phone call that the person needs to cancel
- You will, most likely, miss your child’s softball or soccer game when that happens, adding to the frustration
- Always act as if nothing happened no matter how often you have to reschedule
- Do not conclude that the other person doesn’t want to see you because they have missed two meetings
- Anticipate that the closer you get to a job offer the longer the process will take
- Be patient!