You will find examples of success models throughout the website. The amount and degree of networking progress that you can make while you are in a job will obviously be slower than if you were out of work.
Keep the following in mind:
- Review the sections of this site for finding and winning a job
- Set stretch, but reasonable, goals (minimum 2-4 network meetings per month)
- Expect to be stood up and be ready to reschedule when necessary
- Attempt to set up more meetings than your goal so you will still make progress as some meetings are cancelled
- Make use of internet, newspaper ads, executive search firms and employment agencies – but with care that your search does not get back to your company
- Stick to your goals and measure your progress