You must prepare yourself psychologically (and physically, emotionally, and intellectually) for a job campaign. In addition, problems can occur with family members if they are not ready for what is ahead of you.
Keep in mind the following:
- Prepare your spouse or significant other and family for the time commitment of performing two jobs
- Be sure that your spouse or significant other is on board and supportive of your need to make a change
- Be prepared to miss your children’s activities
- Be prepared for periods of doubt especially as the time commitment mounts
- Keep family members informed of your progress