Address, Telephone, E-Mail
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 2016-2020
- Bachelor of Science-Mathematics with Computer Science GPA: 4.2/5.0.
- Relevant Courses: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Finance Theory, Options and Futures, Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, Finance Theory, Linear Algebra, Computer Systems Engineering, Statistics for Applications, Accounting and Game Theory.
- Financial Tools: Bloomberg, Fist Call/ThomsonOne, TradeStation.
- Computer Programming/Software Knowledge: PERL, HTML, Scheme, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
MORGAN STANLEY Summer 2019
- Priced gas and power indications for clients, wrote energy morning report.
- Designed model to test delta hedging strategies on historical data.
- Monitored trade blotter and volatility markets, manually delta hedged portfolio.
MERRILL LYNCH & CO. Summer 2018
- Selected to work in Investment Banking-Technology group.
- Conducted comparable & precedent analysis, valuations for IPOs, and mergers.
- Built relationships with inter-dealer brokers, hedge fund administrators, and options market makers.
PFIZER INC. Summer 2017
- Conducted online research on pharmaceutical industry to compare company’s diabetes drugs to the competitors.
- Coordinated visits of 5 guest speakers to headquarters.
- Conducted interviews with senior executives and observed all aspects of firm operations.
- Captain of the Fencing Team, All-State honors in H.S.
- Science and Engineering Business Club.
- Student advisor to the Dean on curriculum selection.
- Team member of Risk Management Startup.
- Habitat for Humanity participant.
Interests include aerobic exercise, personal investing, and travel. Served as volunteer at food bank.
Address, Telephone, E-Mail
University of Texas, A.B. Computational Chemistry Projected: May 2021
GPA: 3.5/4.0, Study Abroad-Madrid, Spain
- Dean’s List with Distinction-2 semesters; Dean’s List-3 semesters.
- Recognized by the Community Service Center as an Outstanding Student Volunteer.
- Texas Governor’s Math and Science Award/Robert G. Jones Scholarship.
ASTRA ZENECA Summer 2018
Undergraduate Intern: Computational Chemistry Department
- Researched literature and formulated experimental plan for a comparison of various 2D to 3D molecular conversion programs.
- Began experiment, data collection, and data analysis.
- Projected to complete study and write paper on the results in an Independent Study class.
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY TUTOR 2017-2018
Private Peer Tutor
- Tutored four undergraduate students who saw their grades dramatically increase.
- Developed my own lesson plans and teaching methods.
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY 2017-2018
Undergraduate Researcher (Work-Study)
- Worked with an undergraduate research group in theoretical laboratory.
- Incorporated relevant molecular modeling techniques in an independent study of the molecular conformations of ATPase.
KAISER PERMANENTE, DIVISION OF RESEARCH Summer 2017
Undergraduate Research Intern
- Self-driven investigation of epidemiological trends in the dataset using SAS programming.
- Developed diagnostic criteria for calculating the prevalence of venous thromboembolism in a group of breast cancer survivors within the Health Care System.
First-Year Advisory Counselor
- Aided 12 incoming freshman with the transition to college by preparing events during Orientation and serving as a resource for academic and social concerns.
Member-The Healthy Choice
- Worked with college sub-committee promoting healthy eating and positive body image.
PERSONAL & SKILLS
- Fluent in conversational Spanish. Enjoy running and weight lifting, Chopin piano works.
- JMP database software; C++ JAVA, MATLAB and SAS programming; UNIX and LINUX.
Address, Telephone, E-Mail
COLTS NECK INN 2017-Present
Catering Supervisor/Senior Waiter
- Promoted within the front of the house staff due to willingness to “go above and beyond” in providing outstanding service.
- Selected as the sole manager, within 5 months, to plan, manage, and implement parties to 200.
- Managed 12+ staff members for larger parties.
- Managed parties for up to 50 people, without assistance, in an emergency.
- Built strong personal relationships with key clients.
- Implemented highly diversified menu out of a tiny kitchen feeding 200 patrons.
- Created indoor/outdoor dining service, hired and trained floor and kitchen staff (80 diners).
- Identified unique catering opportunities (Bruce Springstein’s staff).
INDUSTRIAL INSTRUMENTATION SERVICES 2014-2016
- Sold and serviced 6 major food companies (ConAgra, Universal, Orval Kent, Continental Airlines, International Flavors & Fragrances, Kedem.)
- Learned new business within 12 months.
HINCKS TURKEY FARM 2005-2014
Owner of Franchise & Catering Business (2008-2014)
- Created and built business, with no prior experience, and later sold business.
- Built the business from zero to $300,000.
- Conceived and implemented summer catering business, serving parties up to 500 people.
- Created first full-meal, eat-in and take-out business in Red Bank.
- Hand-delivered a turkey, after hours, to a key client whose kitchen caught fire on Thanksgiving.
Food Processing Supervisor (2006-2008)
- Selected to be a company representative to work with USDA inspectors.
DELICIOUS ORCHARD 2001-2005
- Hired as counter salesman (2001-2002), promoted to Stock Purchase Supervisor/Inventory, Manager (2002-2003) and then to Cook: created prepared food business (2003-2005).
- Brookdale College-Courses toward B.A. degree in Psychology & English.
- Additional Training: GMP OSHA training in product safety; Independent study in culinary services, food handling health and safety; Red Bank Boro-Food handling and safety course.
Interests include hiking/camping, writing fiction and astronomy. Founding member of Interfaith neighbors-housing for homeless families. Eagle Scout.
Address, Telephone, E-Mail
High-tech-focused strategy professional with an entrepreneurial spirit. Enjoy ambiguity and use storytelling to connect opportunities and needs with strategy and priorities. Care about good design, from business models and execution to user interfaces and technological implementation. Strive to delight customers, since this ultimately drives business value.
IDEO (Helps companies innovate thru design) 2019-Present
Business Factors Intern
Evaluated product strategy and concept viability as business-centered designer on multidisciplinary team.
- Developed a business case for making the supply chain more sustainable of a major manufacturing firm resulting in 50% lower shipping costs and for a new pricing strategy (double PV of profits.)
- Designed eight new product concepts that visualized solutions to capturing disruptive growth opportunities through user observation and competitive analysis (consumer goods comp.)
BAIN & COMPANY 2014-2016
Worked as a member of client service teams to identify issues, design, and conduct analyses, synthesize conclusions, and communicate with senior management to maximize impact of recommendations.
- Analyzed and valued the target company’s future growth potential in Europe and emerging markets as well as overall synergies with the purchaser, contributing to a corporate valuation reduction (paid -20%.)
- Created portfolio, R&D, and geographic strategic plan for $2B brands in a post-merger environment by working with depart. managers (raise margins by 5%, increase share 10%.)
- Generated pricing and brand portfolio strategy for a leading Canadian consumer goods company (40% higher gross margins per unit and a turnaround of market share erosion.)
- Built business case for a major consumer goods company to adopt a new distribution model that aligned sales incentives, reduced stock outs by 50%, improved price compliance (+5% margins.)
- Formulated I.T. strategy for a large employee benefits company and negotiated a $250mm outsourcing contract to reduce costs by 25% while improving service.
UNDERARMOUR (Manufacturer of high-quality, athletic apparel) 2012-2014
Marketing & Technology Manager
- Initiated a reformulation of brand position based on equity analysis to enhance awareness and adoption.
- Designed and managed 6 company websites (online sales growth of 93%.)
STANFORD, MBA 2016-2018
- Net Impact Marketing Director, Private Equity club, Soccer Club captain.
- Led team that developed strategy for fuel efficiency startup (reduced time to market by 6 mos.)
PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, Bachelor of Science and Engineering-Computer Sci. 2008-2012
Serve on the valuation committee of a VC fund. Avid outdoor adventurer: climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Blanc, Chimborazo, and a 30-day Alaska mountaineering expedition. Strong computer programming and database development skills.