Government regulators are involved in many more activities than taxes and financial services, although if you are in finance you may get to know them well. A few of the many areas where government regulators can be found are in workplace safety, environmental protection, business registrations, and food establishments.
Keep the following in mind:
- Begin to build a relationship with regulators-they can be helpful or difficult to deal with
- Understand whether your department has been in compliance and continues to be
- If you are not in compliance, or are in danger of falling into non-compliance, learn why your department is in difficulty and what you need to do
- Discuss the meeting with your boss or the appropriate team member
- Follow the directive of a more senior member of your team in working to become compliant.